BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Tagged Layouts »

Monday, June 9, 2008

Bib update!


Here's our growing baby! This is a profile pic, looking at Bib from the side. His head is on the right, he's laying on his back, legs on the left, and his arm and little fist is in the middle. Poor guy looks so scrunched up in there! If you look at the top left, his feet are almost touching his hand! Amazing!



Josh and I went for our second ultrasound today! We got to see our little Bib again! The doctor says Bib is doing fine. He has a big head and belly! His heart rate has slowed considerably since the beginning of my pregnancy...it was 133 today, which follows the myth that we're having a boy. So, I still think we're having a boy...even though Josh isn't so sure anymore. :-) Josh said he didn't see what he thought he saw during our first ultrasound, and now realizes that it could be a girl! But after seeing the heart rate, he was back to thinking it was a boy! While the ultrasound was exciting (like always) we got some not-so-great news today too. The doctor says I have a low-lying placenta, which means the placenta is sitting on or near my cervix. Basically, with a low-lying placenta (also called placenta previa) there are possibilities of pre-term labor, and I would have to deliver the baby by C-section if the placenta doesn't rise before my due date. There is a possibility that as my uterus grows (as I get further along) the placenta will rise, and it will not be a concern. So, I will most likely be monitored closely, and will have another ultrasound somewhere in the near future. We have another appointment in two weeks, and will keep you updated as we learn more about the situation. For now, we are very grateful that Bib is doing okay, and we are praying that my placenta will rise as I get further along! Josh and I would like to ask for your prayers so that everything goes smoothly with my pregnancy, and that we will have good news about my placenta in the near future. We truly appreciate all your prayers and support!

8 comments:

Robin said...

I will definitely have you in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully every thing will straighten themselves out soon. I had a tilted uterus that put me in jeopardy for having to have a c-section with Amanda. Thankfully in the last week things straightened themselves out just in time so that I could have her vaginally. So I know how much it can suck but stay strong and god will lead you through!

Dave and Carrie Tyson said...

Hi sweet friend! Please know you and BIB are in our prayers. I know the Lord has you in the palm of His hand and that He has a perfect plan for you. Thank you for keeping us updated. What a joy it is to read of your journey. God bless you! Miss you a ton!!

Lisa and Josh said...

Thanks so much for your prayers and support, ladies! It means more than you'll ever know!

Unknown said...

Okay, what does BIB mean? I am praying for you guys. I am so excited that you are this close!!! Everything will be just fine :)

Lisa and Josh said...

Thanks, Kat! Bib is our name for the baby right now...it stands for Baby In Belly. Josh made it up...go figure...you think the Army had anything to do with that? LOL!

Newmans Wildcats said...

Aren't we lucky to be in a country where we get prenatal treatment to catch little "snags" such as yours so that our health and our babies health can be taken care of?

It will all work out - just like Robin said.

Unknown said...

How many weeks along are you Lisa?

Lisa and Josh said...

Kat,

I will be 28 weeks this coming Monday (23rd).