BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Tagged Layouts »

Friday, April 18, 2008

Good news and bad news....




Okay, so here is what we found out today...we'll start with the bad news first. Josh has to have knee surgery. :-(

He has torn the ACL and meniscus in his right knee. So now he will most definitely have two bum knees. He took the news well, although he feels so bad, saying that he should be taking care of his pregnant wife, not the other way around. As far as the surgery is concerned, he has been down this road twice before, so he knows what to expect. As far as us moving to Knox, we are going to go ahead and move as planned (Lord help us!). He will most likely have his surgery when we get to Knox, and should get his BOLC III dates moved back, which means he will start in a later class than he was supposed to be in. He is going to have a long recovery ahead, so any prayers you can send his way would be greatly appreciated!


Now for the good news! We had an exciting ultrasound, and got to see BIB today! It was so cool! We got to see him sucking his thumb, and his feet were straight up in the air! He is an active little guy, that's for sure! We told the lady that we didn't want to know what we were having, so she turned the screen when she got "down there" so we couldn't see. Of course my nosey husband (who can't stand waiting for surprises) was trying to peek! If you're wondering why I am referring to BIB as a "he", it's because I am now more convinced than ever that we're having a boy! Even though we didn't really see (well, Josh may have seen since he was peeking...cheater) there are a couple reasons why I'm convinced it's a boy. Reason #1: The lady kind of slipped and said "he". But she didn't looked rattled and covered up pretty good, and made it sound like she was saying he or she. So, I don't know if it was a slip up or not...but I kind of think it was. Reason #2: They said BIB weighs 9 oz. In all my pregnancy books, they say the baby should weigh about 7 oz. right now, and BIB weighs slightly more. Usually boys weigh more, so that's the second reason I think it's a boy. So, I guess we really don't know for sure...but I really, really think it's going to be a boy!


So, that is our mixture of good/bad news for the day! I am posting a pic of poor Josh on crutches with his bum knee, one of me right before the ultrasound, and an ultrasound pic of BIB! It is a picture of BIB's profile (head and side of face), and the white dot above his face is his little fist. Hope you can make out what I'm talking about! :-)


1 comments:

Robin said...

Aww baby's first photo!!!! I can totally see that little guy (or girl) Sorry to hear about Josh's knee. I will say some prayers and hope that everything works out well for you guys. You two are great people and Paul and I both wish nothing but the very best for you guys!