BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Tagged Layouts »

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Bubby and Kelly!

On July 2, 2011, my baby brother, Billy (Bubby as we affectionately call him), got married!  The beautiful Kelly is now my newest sister, and official aunt to my boys!  I had the privilege of being one of her bridesmaids, and Ty was the ring bearer!  Their wedding was wonderful, and so much fun!  We all had a blast!  Sorry about all the photos, but it was such a fun "wedding weekend," from the rehearsal dinner at the Reds game to the awesome band they had at the reception, that I had to post lots of pics!


Ty and Maddie getting ready to practice walking up the aisle at the rehearsal.

 The rehearsal dinner was at the Reds game, and was so much fun!  They even had a beautiful fireworks display after the game to celebrate Independence Day, which went along perfectly with Billy and Kelly's fireworks theme!  Ty couldn't have cared less about the game going on, but loved running up and down the stairs, and playing with the stadium seats!
 The happy couple!
 Good, ol' Uncle Bubby...always teasing the kiddos! :-)
 Wedding Day!  Up-dos and make-up are done, just gotta get our dresses on!  My sister, Michelle, Maddie (Michelle's kiddo), and me!
At the church with my boys!  They both looked so handsome all dressed up, the only thing missing was daddy...we missed him so incredibly much that day.

The beautiful bride, and her sweet, loving parents

 
Aunt Kelly with her nepews
 We were "rolling on the river"...in short dresses...yikes! :-)
 Handsome little man in his tux!
 Maddie made the cutest flower girl with all her blonde curls
 Billy sang his version of Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours" to Kelly, and then he sang "You've Lost That Loving Feeling" to her later that night.  Too cute!
 I was trying to get a good shot of them being sent off at the end of the night with sparklers...this was the best I could do!
  I was so nervous about Ty walking down the aisle.  Like any toddler, experiencing the "terrible two's," he  can be sweet and obedient one minute, then in the blink of an eye, transform into a screaming, temper-tantrum throwing monster!  So what Tyson were we going to get at that moment?  I thought for sure he was going to throw a tantrum and refuse to walk up the aisle.  But, to my surprise, he actually did it!  It was the cutest thing!  I'm not sure if you can see it, but when they got to the end of the aisle, Maddie gave Ty a kiss and a hug...adorable!  I was so proud of him!  The first video has no sound because I uploaded it from my video camera, which I have yet to really figure out...I have no idea why I can't get sound on it.  Thanks to my uncle Greg for grabbing my camera last second and figuring out how to take a video at moments notice!  I really, really wanted that moment captured for Josh since he was missing it, so thank you!  The second video was captured by my Dad, and you should be able to hear the sound on it.  Can you tell I'm one proud Mama?!

Congratulations, Bubby and Kelly!  You pulled off an amazing wedding, and we were thrilled to be a part of it.  Love you both!

1 comments:

Kelly said...

What a sweet post! Thank you for all the kind words. I'm so happy to officially be part of the Mertz family. We definitely missed Josh and we continue to pray he stays safe! Love you!