BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Tagged Layouts »

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sad Day :-(

Early this morning our good friends, and neighbors, the King family, moved away. Now we look across the street and see an empty house where they used to live. Mason and Hayden had become Ty's buddies, and Melissa is such a good friend to me! She got me involved in a great playgroup, which helped me get out of the house with my new baby, and meet other mommies. She watched Ty for me when I was in a bind (quite a few times), and if I needed her I knew she was just across the street. There were many nights when they would have us over for dinner, or we'd head out to E-town together. They are wonderful friends, and we will miss them like crazy! The one thing about the Army that I don't think I'll ever get used to is saying good-bye to those who have become such great friends. This is the second family we've said good-bye to in a month (the first being our awesome friend's, Wes and Katie). But, being an Army family has allowed us to make so many awesome friends, like the King's and Pollard's, and although these two families are irreplaceable, I know there will be many more amazing families that we will meet in the near future. But for now, we will be a tad bit lonely just knowing that Jason, Melissa, and the boys are no longer just across the street. :-(

A pic of the boys before saying good-bye. Can you tell they are sad?

Ty, Mason, and Hayden

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so sad :( We might not be right across the street, but we love hanging out with you guys! And there are always more great people to meet like the Kings, not that anyone will ever replace those that we do meet but we always will have the opportunity to make other great friends :)

Newmans Wildcats said...

I still miss the 1st person I meet (Leann) at our 1st duty station. Thankfully, with Facebook, we have been in great contact all the time - but its not the same as seeing her everyday! That photo is great!!!