BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Tagged Layouts »

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Oh my gosh it's a.....

So yesterday was an absolutely gorgeous day....sunny, mid-70's...beautiful! Josh had the weekend off, and we decided to go spend some time outdoors. He decided to take Ty and myself to an obstacle course that the Army uses for PT (physical training), but when we got there, a group of basic training soldiers were using it. So, we decided to go on a hike at Saunder's Springs, a local park, instead. Josh put Ty in the Baby Bjorn on his chest, and we started out on some trails. We came across a set of steep stairs going down a hill and started descending slowly and carefully. I went first, and Josh and Ty followed. About halfway down the steps, I heard a rustling in the leaves to my left. I looked down, gasped, and said, "Oh my gosh!" There, only about 4 feet away, was a massive black snake just staring me down! Josh looked down, saw it, and worrying about the baby on his chest, immediately turned and went back up the steps to avoid it, as I hurried down the steps past it, separating us. I absolutely HATE snakes! They are disgusting! Josh, Ty, and I met up back at another part of the trail and continued on to the car. I was done hiking after my encounter with that thing! Thank goodness it didn't attack me! :-) Since we really didn't get to hike much, we decided to go back to the obstacle course. The basic training soldiers were gone, so Josh and I took turns running through it. Now, I am not in the best shape of my life (having a baby 7 months ago and not losing my prego weight might be the reason for that), but that course was hard! I am proud of myself, though. I did all the obstacles except two, the monkey bars (because I was too short to reach them) and the rope climb (I am just too weak for that one). I am sore as heck today, but it was a lot of fun! So, the snake and the obstacle course made for an exciting Saturday!


Tough guy in the making...look at how strong our boy is! Already starting to climb ropes!

Ty having fun at the obstacle course!

I finally made it to the top of this wall...after several tries!


Josh climbing the cargo net.
Sorry....no pic of the nasty snake...I wasn't taking any chances!


0 comments: