BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Tagged Layouts »

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Time Flies When Your Soldier Is Home For R&R.....

Never have two weeks flown by more quickly than when Josh was home with us for R&R!  We are so grateful for those two weeks, and had the most amazing time!  Josh is safely back in Afghanistan now, and the boys and I sure do miss him!  I think the second goodbye was more difficult than the first one.  Maybe that was because we were away from him for so long, and when he finally came home we felt back to normal again, and then in a poof he was gone all over again. Or maybe it was because the boys are older now and understand a little bit better what's going on.  The day Josh left Caellum walked around the house saying, "Da-ee, r you?"   :-(  I am trying to stay positive, and busy, and looking on the bright side, we only have a few more months to go before he'll be home for good!  Besides that, I know we are so very blessed, as it breaks my heart to think of so many wives and families who have lost their brave soldier, and won't get to welcome him/her home.  That thought humbles and grounds me, and makes me so incredibly thankful for my many, many blessings.  We definitely took advantage of our two weeks, and spent every possible minute together.  In my next few posts, I will be posting some photos from our time together.  Josh, we love you so much, are so proud of you, and thank you for the amazing two weeks we had together!  Stay safe, be careful, and we are all praying for you that these next few months fly by and that you get home safely and quickly to us...for good this time!

0 comments: