BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Tagged Layouts »

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Homecoming!

We went all out for Daddy coming home....it had been 8, going on 9 long months since we had seen him, and we were so excited!  We made signs, cakes, pies, and cookies!  We had fun decorating the house and counting down on our "daddy chain" until the big homecoming day arrived!  When we saw him at the airport, my heart melted as I watched our little guys run up to him screaming "Daddy!"  It was a long awaited reunion, and it felt perfect to have him home again...even temporarily.  Here are some photos:

            The boys having a blast painting on their welcome home sign.  They had paint EVERYWHERE!
Getting started on my "patriotic cake."  It was a recipe I got from my sister Michelle, who found it on this blog.  Michelle made it for her girls' birthday party as an adorable rainbow cake, and it was delicious!  So I decided to use the recipe, but make it red, white, and blue.  I highly recommend this recipe to anyone who loves making cakes!  It wasn't too difficult, and very, very yummy!

 
This is what it looked like when you cut into it! It was fun seeing the look on Josh's face when he saw the inside...he thought it was cool! :-) 


Reunited with his babies at the airport!

Back at home...Daddy brought home presents for us!

Together at last...ready for two weeks of fun!

 I didn't get a very good photo of the boys, and what they wore to the airport, but it was this shirt:

So looking forward to his permanent homecoming!!!  :-) 

0 comments: