BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Tagged Layouts »

Monday, May 2, 2011

A Post of Mixed Emotions

Well, I have a lot to post about today, and a variety of mixed emotions about this post. First off, I would like to ask for prayers for my dear friends, the Oblinger family. They are experiencing so much pain and suffering having lost two of their four children in the past six years. I cannot even fathom what it must be like to lose a child, let alone two children in 6 years. My dear childhood friend, Keith, passed away in 2005, and his younger brother, Kurt, (who had a heart transplant the same year Keith passed) just passed away last week, on Easter Sunday. The Oblingers are amazing people, some of the sweetest, most caring I have ever known, and I ask that you please remember them in your prayers. Thank you.

Sorry to start off this post with such depressing news, but the Oblingers need all the prayers they can get during this difficult time!

Moving on, I have to brag on my amazing husband! He got promoted today, and I am so incredibly proud of him! Josh is now a Captain! For those of you unfamiliar with the military, this is a big promotion for him. We knew he was going to get promoted while he was in Afghanistan, and I am so bummed to have missed such an important promotion ceremony. Josh being the thoughtful and loving husband he is, made sure to video it for the boys and I, so we could see it too! I cannot explain how proud I am of Josh. I am so incredibly blessed to have married not only my best friend and soulmate, but my hero. A man who is willing to sacrafice everything for his God, his family, and his country. He is an incredible soldier, and leader. He is so deserving, and will make a fantastic captain! Congratulations, Josh! We love you so much!!

I will end this post with some pics from Easter. We missed Josh badly, but were able to be surrounded by our families, which was good. Here are some pics:


The boys loved their gifts that Daddy sent them (Muno and Brobee pillows...perfect for the boys' Yo Gabba Gabba obsession!)

Mommy and her boys

Too much fun, too many Easter egg hunts!

0 comments: