BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Tagged Layouts »

Friday, January 30, 2009

Crazy weather!

Well, the weather here has been awful, and we actually lost power for a while. The Army Post has been closed since Tuesday evening, so we have pretty much been snowed in with no power! It's been quite an adventure! Luckily, our power was restored pretty quickly (we were the only housing area on post with power for a while) so we didn't have to evacuate and go anywhere! Josh has been off school, and the Family Child Care (FCC) Class that I was supposed to be attending was also cancelled. My mom was down here visiting to help us out watching Ty while I was in FCC training. Thank the good Lord she made it back to Cincy safely! I guess Josh is going to have to attend class on the weekends to make up for the days he missed, and I will have to make up my FCC training as well. We hope everyone that was in the midst of this crazy winter storm stayed warm and safe!

4 comments:

Teresa said...

I know what can happen when two people get snowed in for a couple of days. How else do you keep warm if there is no electricity? I am sure Ty had to take a few naps. So is there going to be a little buddy or babydoll for Ty in nine months? Josh can only hope! Try to stay warm, but not TOO WARM and safe! Miss you!

Newmans Wildcats said...

MAN! It must've been bad if post has been closed since Tuesday. Figures the "officer housing" had power. Hee hee hee!!

Corrie- said...

The weather is crazy up here too. We haven't had school in 4 days! I hate to think how we're going to make those days up. Luckily, we didn't lose our power like you did. Glad you're back up though. Have a great weekend Lisa!

Robin said...

Wow sounds like some crazy weather. I am glad that all I have to deal with is cold....no ice and no snow. I think I will keep my mouth shut and quit complaining about the cold sucking because in the end things could be worse.