BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Tagged Layouts »

Monday, September 7, 2009

Ty's B-day, and more!

Unfortunately, I didn't get very many pictures of Ty's first birthday party. I guess I was just too wrapped up in the party to think of taking pics. My brother was nice enough to take some videos with our video camera, though (thanks, Billy). So when I get a chance to get them uploaded, I will post some videos. Here are some that I did get:

As you can see, we had a Batman themed first B-day party (Josh's idea, of course!)

Even though I don't have an artistic bone in my body, I decided to make the cake. It sure wasn't very professional-looking, but it tasted okay, and I had fun trying! :-)


Ty wasn't sure what to think about digging into this bright yellow thing with everyone staring at him, but he did have icing all over him!

Daddy and Ty in their Batman shirts!
Ty loved all his gifts, and boy did he get spoiled!!! Thanks to everyone who made the trip to Fort Knox for his special day! It meant so much to us that you were all there! We love you all!
Here's what else is going on in our lives:
Josh got promoted to First Lieutenant last week! We are so proud of him! Wish I had a picture of his promotion ceremony, but I didn't get any. :-(
Josh is no longer going to Ranger School in October. His commander decided it wasn't good timing with me so far along in my pregnancy. He didn't want to risk Josh being stuck in Ranger School and missing the birth of baby #2. So, the Lord answered our prayers, and Josh will not have to leave before the baby gets here...YAY! Josh will still go to Ranger School, but it will most likely be sometime in May. This is a huge blessing to us, and we are so thankful that Josh is in a unit that cares so much about him and his family!
Before we realized that Josh wasn't going to go to Ranger School, we made the decision that I would close the day care. We didn't want the hassle of dealing with all the day care entails while Josh was away, and I was in my 3rd trimester of pregnancy. We decided I would close on September 18. After we found out that Josh wasn't going to Ranger School, we decided that I would still go ahead and close. That way I can enjoy my last few months of just the three of us, before we turn into a family of four! I am so grateful to be closing the day care! I loved the kids I had, but we are looking forward to getting our house back (day care stuff was taking over our house!), and our family time back.
So, that, in a nutshell, is what has been going on for us lately! The Lord has blessed us with so much this summer, and we are so grateful for everything that is happening in our lives right now!




2 comments:

Heather said...

Great job on the cake! I'm impressed. I'm glad you all are coming to the ballpark. I know we don't get to talk much, but I'm glad with get to see you.

Melissa said...

Your cake turned out great! Congrats on "snakes and snails and puppy dog tales" X 2! I am glad to hear that Josh gets to stick around some. Tell him congrats on the promotion from us. We hope to be able to stop by and see you all around Thanksgiving when we are visiting!